Mapbook started as an idea of creating maps on mobile devices and share them with friends and family as quickly possible with add-ons like – Adding notes, Photos and sharing or embedding them via a QR Code.
To achieve all of this in seconds was a big challenge from User Experience perspective as the whole process should be fast and easy for people who are familiar with Google Maps or any other mobile map services.
We started from User Research where we Interviewed people who use and share their locations frequently with other Apps like Google Maps, Whatsapp, Bing Maps, Apple Maps. We received a lot of interesting feedback and findings were as follows-
- People wanted to share their location with quick messages.
- People did not want to share their data and account information with Maps service provider like Google.
- People wanted to add their location photos for a better experience.
- People wanted to save their locations in their phone local storage than sharing on the cloud.
- Some of them wanted to have a mechanism to embed their maps on their website, email signatures and print as stickers.